So you drafted Randy Moss, now what? (Randy Moss Trade Options)

Posted by in Fantasy Football on September 25th, 2008 | 7 Comments

We get it by now. You drafted Randy Moss and in the last two weeks (in the post-Brady era), your hopes of winning the season have gone down the tubes and you’re hoping that you could trade him for any WR that is in the “WR2 category.” In my league, I’d be lucky if I could trade Randy Moss for Roddy White or DeSean Jackson. I had the #7 pick and naturally, after the top 5 backs are off the board, you have to go Randy Moss, right? Well, I was stuck in that position and now I’m pissed I passed on Marion Barber. So, I try to package Kurt Warner to go to the guy who needs QB help (he has Derek Anderson and Matt Cassel) with Randy Moss and I throw in Edgerrin for Marshawn and Cotchery and it was immediately denied. People are avoiding Randy Moss like the plague. His 1,500+ 20+ TD plus season last year means nothing. This year, people think he would be lucky if he ended up with 600 yards and 4 TDs. Right now, Randy Moss’s value is about as high as Brandon Lloyd’s or Robert Meachem’s.

I’ve been scrambling to trade Randy Moss and and I’ve been offered Jericho Cotchery, but I still don’t want to make the move. Cotchery will get you a consistent 6-8 points a week, but I still haven’t given up on Randy just yet, and I’ll tell you why.

There’s no need to push the panic button just yet. Go out and grab Brandon Lloyd or Antonio Bryant off your waiver wire as a 3rd receiver and just wait until weeks 5-7 for Randy Moss. The Pats upcoming schedule is against teams are playing extremely poor against the pass. They have the 49ers, Chargers, Broncos, and Rams. Those teams are 7th, 31st, 32nd, and 30th against the pass, respectively.

Bill Bellichick got the bye week at the perfect time. With 2 weeks to prepare for the upcoming stretch, the Patriots might be able to get a little something going. I’m hoping that Cassel and Moss could build up some chemistry. The Pats will come up with ways to get Randy Moss involved in the offense. Sure, Matt Cassel blows, Randy Moss has a poor attitude, and he’ll always be double teamed, so you’ll take anyone over Moss at this point. I’m just saying, don’t pull the trigger on Moss when his value is at an all time low. Unless you get outstanding value, don’t go for a WR taken in the 7th round that’s off to a hot start.

If you were able to deal Randy Moss for anything decent, let me know.

7 Responses to So you drafted Randy Moss, now what? (Randy Moss Trade Options):

1. Scar

Date: Sep 26, 2008 at 9:06 pm

This was my roster:QB-favre, anderson, edwards, RB-gore, portis, forte, j jones, WR-a johnson, boldin, ward, driver, holt, TE-cooley, miller, K- crosby, scobee, D/ST-jets, seahawks.

I offered holt and edwards to a panicky randy moss owner and he took it,after that I shopped moss and was able to get phillip rivers and colsten for moss and anderson.so by using the moss name I basically got rivers and colsten for holt,anderson & edwards(who was a waiver wire pick-up)

Date: Sep 27, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Wow, that was some great maneuvering. I can’t believe you could trade Moss for Rivers. Rivers is a top 3 fantasy QB. I’m fortunate to have Cutler, who could be the sole player to save my season. Did you trade Moss before the Miami game because if you traded him after that game, I’m truly impressed.

3. Scar

Date: Sep 27, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Yea luckily all these trades were made tuesday and thursday this past week.The team I got Rivers from had Brees as his starter so thats why he gave him up.Thanks for the input and good luck the rest of the season.

4. Oak

Date: Sep 28, 2008 at 1:35 am

I just landed Moss for Antonio Gates straight up. Very pleased with the move. It came as a series that really helped the team.

First traded away Graham and V. Jackson for L. Tomlinson and A. Gates. I kid you not, that was offered to myself and my partner. We took it.

Then turned around LT with Engram and Witten for B Marshall, Curry, Raiders D.

Last was the maneuver to land Moss to go with Marshall, P Manning, B Jacobs, R Grant, and a third receiver slot rotated between Coles, Toomer, M Austin, J Hardy, and Curry. Our league allows 3 WR/TE. Doesn’t matter the position, start 3.

The fantasy trade Gods were with us we feel. Get Randy! Cassel’s got the arm, just takes the coverage work that will unfold this season. We feel optimistic that work will produce points.

5. dopekicks89

Date: Oct 13, 2008 at 11:58 am

oh – come on – give MOss a chance – have you seen his new ad – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo9yprCFKJA – he’s the boss

6. cincylaw

Date: Oct 23, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Straight up: Randy Moss for LT. Do I do it?

Date: Oct 23, 2008 at 6:34 pm

I would do it. Might as well trade Moss when his value is up thanks to his 2 TDs last week. He got lucky on the screen that got him into the endzone. I expect those 2 TD games from him to be few and far between.