NFL Week 3 Over/Under Special: 1:00 Games

Posted by in NFL Picks on September 24th, 2010 | 25 Comments

Some big over/under plays for 1:00 Week 3 of the NFL.

I hope you guys enjoyed three free winners this past week in the NFL. Cincinnati and Baltimore wasn’t even close. The Jets helped push the over with their fourth quarter touchdown. And thanks to the game winning field goal by New Orleans as time expired they were able to push it over the total by a few points. I also threw in an under in the Carolina/Tampa Bay game that hit, which made me 4-0-0 on the week in over/under calls.

Once again, I’m going to base my picks off of the trend. It seemed to work last week so why not try it again this week?

Look for a low scoring affair between these two teams on Sunday.

I’ve been researching all day on some of the most popular trends, and trends that are going to give us some winners.

Let’s take a look:

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens:

Key Trends:

• Cleveland under is 4-0 in their last four played in September.
  • Cleveland under is 4-1-1 when a road dog of 10.5+ points.
  • Baltimore under is 5-1-1 in their last seven games.
  • Baltimore under is 12-3 in last 15 games played as a favorite.
  • Baltimore under is 8-3 in last 11 home games.
  • Baltimore under is 9-2-1 in last 12 against AFC opponents.

Play on under (37)

Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots

Key Trends:

• Buffalo under is 4-0 in last four road games.
  • Buffalo under is 5-0 in last five games as the underdog.
  • Buffalo under is 6-1 in last seven games.
  • Buffalo under is 4-1 in last five against an AFC opponent.
  • New England under is 4-0-1 in last five games as a favorite of 10.5 points or more.
  • New England under is 4-1-1 in last six against an AFC East opponent.
  • Head-to-head the under is 9-2 in the last 11 played in New England.

Play on under (42.5)

Tennessee Titans @ New York Giants

Key Trends:

• New York over is 7-0 in their last seven games.
  • New York over is 5-0 in their last five home games.
  • New York over is 6-1 in their last seven September games.
  • New York over is 4-1 in their last five games as a favorite.
  • Tennessee over is 5-2 in their last seven September games.
  • New York over is 4-0 coming off a loss.

Play on over (43.5)

Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Key Trends:

• Atlanta under is 4-0 coming off a win.
  • Atlanta under is 7-1 in last eight games.
  • Atlanta Under is 4-1 in their last five against an NFC opponent.
  • New Orleans under is 5-0 in last five against a NFC South opponent.
  • New Orleans under is 6-1 in last seven when not covering the spread in the previous week.
  • New Orleans under is 5-2 in last seven as a home favorite.
  • New Orleans under is 5-2 in last seven home games.

Play on under (49)

Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings

Key Trends:

• Detroit under is 4-1 in last five road games.
  • Detroit under is 4-1 in last five as a road underdog.
  • Minnesota under is 6-1 in last seven as a home favorite.
  • Minnesota under is 6-1 in last seven home games.
  • Minnesota under is 8-2 in last ten as a favorite.
  • Minnesota under is 4-1 in last five against a team with a losing record.
  • The under is 4-0 in these two teams’ last four meetings.

Play on under (42.5)

I figured I’d make another one of these after going 4-0-0 last weekend. I was thinking about posting the later games either later tonight or sometime tomorrow so stay posted for those.

25 Responses to NFL Week 3 Over/Under Special: 1:00 Games:

1. Dave Bundy

Date: Sep 24, 2010 at 7:31 pm

“three free winners” ?

Is this a prelude that you’re going to start charging for your picks or something? No thanks bro.

2. Joey G

Date: Sep 24, 2010 at 7:43 pm

No, they will always be free Dave.

3. Jerry Breeze

Date: Sep 24, 2010 at 9:08 pm

If you can go 3-1 or 4-0 again this week, I’ll start following you.

4. VINCE

Date: Sep 25, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Hey Joey good hit last week im following your picks its not easy to win all but i hit on your advice Thank Vince

5. Joey G

Date: Sep 25, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Glad to hear it Vince, I’m confident in all of these this week too. Thanks.

6. jay

Date: Sep 26, 2010 at 3:03 pm

dude, appreciate your picks, but you went 0-4. not even 1 correct. pretty bad

7. Joey G

Date: Sep 26, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Well I did hit the Minnesota game, but yeah the squares hit today in the over/unders. I’m sorry, I’ll fix it next week.

8. mississippi

Date: Sep 26, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Wow! Awful day.

9. Joey G

Date: Sep 26, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I was due for it.

10. The Kid

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Squares had a nice day, Vegas will fix this for next Sunday

11. A.JAY

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 1:51 pm

What? Out of 16 games, 10 underdogs covered, squares hardly had a good day.

I’d love to know what type of squares bet Buffalo, Cleveland, Seattle, Oakland, Tennessee (@ NYG), St. Louis, Atlanta (@ New Orleans), and Kansas City?????

I’ll give a pass to Dallas and the Jets because they were underdogs and the public still loves to bet them no matter what.

Are you guys amateurs ?

12. Joey G

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 2:39 pm

We were talking about the over/unders, not the spreads.

13. A.JAY

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 6:30 pm

The sharp bettors cleaned up on the over/unders.

The square bettors have access to the same trends you follow to make your over/under bets, so therefore, your over/under bets are pretty square on a weekly basis if you’re going off of trends.

What square is going to against a list of trends that showed this for the Browns and Ravens game?

•Cleveland under is 4-0 in their last four played in September.
    •Cleveland under is 4-1-1 when a road dog of 10.5+ points.
    •Baltimore under is 5-1-1 in their last seven games.
    •Baltimore under is 12-3 in last 15 games played as a favorite.
    •Baltimore under is 8-3 in last 11 home games.
    •Baltimore under is 9-2-1 in last 12 against AFC opponents

14. A.JAY

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Squares love to be assured before their bets by trends, sharps buck those trends!

15. Joey G

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I’m sorry you bet off my trends, I’ll be sure to sharpen up next week.

16. A.JAY

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I didn’t bet off your trends, I’m saying that squares see the same trends you do, trends are available on many betting websites to access for free. My point is, what square is gonna bet against trends that look that good? It’s the same reason you’re endorsing your bets, because the trends look so good.

What I’m sayin’ is, no matter how sharp you think you are, basing your bets off of good lookin’ trends is more of a square way of betting than it is being sharp. Wouldn’t you agree Joey? The ability to buck trends on a game that look real good and go opposite is being more sharp in my opinion.

17. A.JAY

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Kid,

Saying the squares won big this week on over/unders is incorrect. The sharps definately won big this week on unpopular o/u bets.

18. Joey G

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Those are just plays based off the trend. I only bet on two of them and split. I figured I’d make another one since last week went 3-0-0.

19. A.JAY

Date: Sep 27, 2010 at 10:59 pm

So when your plays suck, you just bet 2 of them and split? I bet if you won 3 or 4 you would say you bet them all.

You should definately let us know which ones you actually bet, prior to the games starting, then we can really judge you starting next week.

Anyone can just say, “oh i only bet 2 of those games, not them all” – how are your readers supposed to know?

20. Joey G

Date: Sep 28, 2010 at 8:12 am

Once again I’m sorry you played on these games, look for a lot of winners this week.

21. A.JAY

Date: Sep 28, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Joey G,

I didn’t play any of your picks, I just find it peculiar that when you go undefeated you go out of your way to let everyone know, but when you have a rough one, you go out of your way to let everyone know you only played 1 or 2 of your actual write-up plays.

Why would you do you 4 or 5 write-ups and then only bet 1 or 2 of them?

I don’t get it?

Sounds to me like you’re not as confident as you claim to be in your plays. Maybe you should cut your plays down to the 1 or 2 you actually bet on and apologize to those who followed all your plays and didn’t know you only had the cajones to bet 2 of them.

Just a suggestion, we’ll see how you fare this week.

22. Joey G

Date: Sep 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I liked all of them, but only picked two to bet on considering I had made other plays on the day. I played on the two I liked most which was the Minnesota under and the Tennessee over which just missed. But yes, we’ll see how my Thursday night play goes to start this week.

23. The Kid

Date: Sep 28, 2010 at 5:18 pm

A.Jay, YOU are inccorect by accusing me of saying ‘squares had a day on the over/unders’. Tell me where i said this? If you don’t take our plays then why are you commenting every other minute. Seems to me that you are a loser that sits on his dads computer all day. If you’re old enough to know lines and gamble, you should be old enough to have a job or a life. If you have something to say go to my article where i went 3-2-0 and now am 6-4-0 in NFL. Come on son.

24. A.JAY

Date: Sep 28, 2010 at 5:19 pm

You should let your readers know what games you actually bet. If the games you don’t bet aren’t good enough for you, why should they be for your readers?

25. A.JAY

Date: Sep 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Kid,

I have no beef with you. I have a job, desk, and computer, I can comment on anything I want, it’s a free country. Nice Rams pick, I saw your article. I hope you bet all 10 of your NFL bets, because you would definately be making money.