Week 9 – Need Help Setting Roster

Posted by in NFL Week 9 Start 'Em Sit 'Em Advice on November 7th, 2010 | 13 Comments

Question by The Guy With A Plan: Who to start/sit in Week 9 Fantasy Football?

ESPN Standard League, 14 teams, 1 QB – 2 RB – 1 RB/WR – 2 WR – 1 TE – 1 D/ST – 1 K

Position – Name, Team (Projection)

QB – Aaron Rodgers, GB (23)

RB – Ryan Grant, GB (18)
RB – Pierre Thomas, NO (14)
RB – Jamaal Charles, KC (8)

WR – Greg Jennings, GB (21)
WR – Randy Moss, NO (17)
WR – Andre Johnson, Hou (15)
WR – Michael Crabtree, SF (13)
WR – Marques Colston, NO (12)
WR – Mario Manningham, NYG (3) [Questionable]
WR – Bernard Berrian, Min [BYE]

TE – Kellen Winslow, TB (9)
TE – Visanthe Shiancoe [BYE]

D/ST – Bears, Chi (5)
D/ST – Bengals, Cin (3)

K – Matt Stover, Ind
K – Ryan Longwell, Min [BYE]

Please keep in mind that I am in a 14 team league so what might seem like a weak team (specifically at RB) really isn’t that shallow. Also I need a kicker for this week cause Longwell is on a bye week so I don’t know if I should drop someone else or just go this week without a kicker. I put stover up there because he’s who ill probably get. My current record is 3 wins and 5 losses (3-5).

Please rate my team (for a 14 team league), give me some advice, or tell me who I should start/sit for Week 8? Thanks!

Best answer:

Obviously go with Rodgers at QB. I wouldn’t play Jamaal Charles, since he hasn’t shown me anything yet this season.
Start Pierre Thomas, try to pick up a RB, personally i dont ike starting a QB RB tandem. but if not, play grant, theyre playing TAMPA.

You must really like the Packers. It’s a risk to go with too many players from one team, but you have to start Greg Jennings. I would start Andrew Johnson at the WR and Randy Moss in the flex. Very nice receiving corp.

Everythign else speaks for itself.

Give your answer to this question below!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

TEvisanthe shiancoe
    D-bengals
    KICKER-stover
    i rate your team out of 1-10 i rate it a 5

2. Andrew S

Date: Aug 07, 2012 at 3:21 am

go with grant and pierre thomas. theres a buncha hype on charles but i think you need to actually see how he does before starting him.

at WR i’d go randy, andre and colston. i still think driver is the more valuable packer reciever and green bay will prolly get way up early on TB and rely heavily on ryan grant (lucky for you).

i’d start bears D cuz warner’s been struggling lately. baltimore’s offense is just too good to risk starting the bengals.

you may want to consider trading one (or a few) of your WRs for a quality running back. maybe sell high on jennings or crabtree. somehow you got to make a move to get a good running back cuz you don’t need that many good WRs

3. Delores

Date: Apr 22, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Hey! WIR haben EUCH zu danken! Ihr macht tolle Themes UND einen tollen Blog. Das hat mir den Spaß an WordPress und am bloggen zuckr¼Ãgebracht! Frohes Neues!

4. http://www.sorethumbsblog.com/

Date: Apr 28, 2016 at 8:19 pm

dit :Coming from my observation, shopping for gadgets online can for sure be expensive, nevertheless there are some tips and tricks that you can use to help you get the best deals. There are generally ways to come across discount discounts that could make one to possess the best consumer electronics products at the lowest prices. Great blog post.

5. http://www.ionicbathfootdetox.com/

Date: Apr 28, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Hi,In Texture Packer 2.4.3 Pro, for Data Format, there is only the option for Corona TM SDK. (no Kwik 2)Is the Kwik 2 option available in a later version of Texture Packer?Thanks!Claudette

6. http://www.rab-jeric.com/

Date: Apr 30, 2016 at 8:29 pm

« en premier dans le thé » c’est bien une reflexion de bourrin qu’a fait section litteraire…comment qu’tu sais qu’c’est pas en premier dans la merde hé banane (en second)

7. http://www.paquetesislamargarita.com/

Date: May 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Climate change is real. And, from the outlook of the past couple years, approaching very soon. Educate yourself and stay informed of new developments. (which, coincidentally, is easy on Youtube)

8. car insurance

Date: May 15, 2016 at 8:29 pm

hindi ko alam kung natatawa ako dun sa monkey or hindi… parang nakakaloko ang ngiti! hahaha! nainggit ako sa inyo ni dong kaya nagpost na rin ako ng mga pictures

9. http://www.thedealmaker.net/

Date: Jun 07, 2016 at 3:58 am

Im quite aware of the history Greg- having travelled in Tunisia myself, and yes, the French hardly covered themselves in glory over Tunisia recently, as I noted here myself at the time.But Im afraid none of that makes the study unrepresentative. You’ll note that Morocco and Lebanon were included, which also have direct experience of French colonialism. Its a good sample of the Arab world.

10. http://www.oweninsuragency.com/

Date: Jul 15, 2016 at 5:18 am

Hola, te recomiendo el cafe de tacuba que puedes comer riquisimo esta sobre la calle donde esta el MUNAL y hay un restaurant de comida china en la plaza Reforma la nueva, se llama PFchan.

11. http://howtosave.liquorisquicker.net/vehicle_insurance_duncan_bc.xml

Date: Jul 20, 2016 at 9:24 am

comentou em 10 de novembro de 2011 às 02:48. Julia que wonderful de lindo….Eu sou apaixona pelo estilo PinUp, olha espero que um dia eu consiga fazer um delinear de olhos como vc… to tentando viu muito, mas ainda falta muito para mim…. o marrom é perfeito para o dia para o trabalho adorei tudo……

12. http://forcarowners.imahillbilly.com/what_do_you_need_to_get_a_quote_for_car_insurance.xml

Date: Jul 20, 2016 at 10:15 am

I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon (many moons ago) but never saw any of these places you mention. I'm ready to pack my bag and go back now!

13. http://www./

Date: Oct 23, 2016 at 12:08 pm

It’s a real pleasure to find someone who can think like that