Week 5 is going to be a tough week in Survivor Pools. A lot of people are going to be eliminated since I don’t see a whole lot of straight up locks. A lot of these games are up for grabs for either team. Let’s recap our picks so far this year. All have been winners.
Week 1 – Arizona Cardinals
Week 2 - Detroit Lions
Week 3 – San Diego Chargers
Week 4 – Green Bay Packers
I don’t ever want to pick a road team because that just invites upset city. Let’s start eliminating some home teams.
Not going to pick IND, JAC, CAR, BUF (vs. PHI), MIN, DEN, SF. Already took DET.
Don’t want to take New England against the Jets in what should be a tough divisional game. New England vs. Kansas City is a week 11 lock if you want to save the Pats for a late-season lock. New England’s next three are DAL, @PIT, and NYG, and I’ll pass on those until KC.
Can’t take Atlanta over Green Bay. Philadelphia is desperate for a win when they face Buffalo.
Oakland can upset Houston on the road, especially since it looks like Andre Johnson will be out for about 4 weeks. Run DMC can win games for the Raiders.
Pittsburgh over Tennessee is a viable option, but Pittsburgh’s offensive line is really bad and if Tennessee wins that matchup, it could be a very close game and one that Tennessee could possibly win, especially if Chris Johnson goes off on a defense that gave up 155 yards to Arian Foster. I also like Pittsburgh the next week over Jacksonville at home so I’ll pass on them this week.
By process of elimination, that leaves us with the New York Giants over the Seattle Seahawks. The Giants play good football at home and the Seattle Seahawks have been dismal, possibly one of NFL’s worst teams. I’m usually looking to pick against Seattle each week. This also gives me an opportunity to take a team other than my top-notch remaining teams (NE, HOU, PIT, BAL, ATL, NO, PHI). Although Seattle made a huge comeback against the Falcons, I’m not worried since Seattle should struggle on the road, especially since they’re a west coast team playing on the east coast at 1:00 PM EST.
Who will you be picking this week?
Who will you take in Week 5 of your NFL Survivor Pool?
- GIANTS over Seahawks (71%, 265 Votes)
- Chargers over BRONCOS (8%, 31 Votes)
- Other (6%, 24 Votes)
- PATRIOTS over Jets (6%, 22 Votes)
- TEXANS over Raiders (6%, 22 Votes)
- STEELERS over Titans (3%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 371
More NFL & NCAA Picks:
- » Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears Pick Against the Spread
- » SMART BET College Football Picks for Saturday, October 5, 2013
- » NFL Week 4 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » SMART BET Week 4 College Picks
- » 2013 NFL Week 3 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » 2013 NFL Week 2 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL Week 3
- » 2013 NFL Week 1 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » Baltimore Ravens vs. Denver Broncos Prediction and Pick Against the Spread
- » 2013 Fantasy Football Rankings