You’re luck to have survived week 2 of your survivor pool if you avoided the New England Patriots and opted for the Cincinnati Bengals. We picked the Texans in week 1 and debated between Bengals and Patriots for week 2. The majority of fans voted for the Bengals over the Browns, which was the pick to make in order to “save” the Patriots pick for later in the season. Well played if you avoided the Patriots last week.
In week 3, I think the choice comes down to Chicago Bears over St. Louis Rams or New Orleans Saints over Kansas City Chiefs. I would like to stick to home teams, but if you don’t like either of those games, you can look into either San Francisco 49ers over Minnesota Vikings or Pittsburgh Steelers over Oakland Raiders.
Despite the Pats getting upset at home by the Cardinals, I still believe you do not pick road teams in survivor pools, so I’ll only focus on the Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints.
I don’t have a lot of faith in the Saints defense, but their offense should be able to take care of business against the Chiefs at home. The Saints were 8-0 at home last year and covered the spread in every game. However, without the services of head coach Sean Peyton, the Saints are struggling, starting the season 0-2. The Saints will also be without WR Marques Colston.
I expect the Bears to rebound this week after their week 2 debacle in Green Bay. The Bears had 10 days to prepare for this one so the extra rest should be to their advantage. The Rams put up a hell of a fight the last two weeks and ended up beating RGIII and the Redskins at home. They’re not the pushover that they’ve been in years past. However, I think the Bears defense will be just too much for Sam Bradford on the road. Unfortunately, Matt Forte will be out this week, but Michael Bush will be able to pick up the slack there.
I expect both the Saints and the Bears to pull out a win in week 3, but I give both the Chiefs (+9) and the Rams (+7.5) a solid chance of covering the spread. In what looks like a 50-50 toss-up between the Bears and the Saints this week, I’ll have to go with the Saints this week since the Saints tough schedule throughout the rest of the season doesn’t give you an opportunity to take them again. There are several other spots to take the Bears later this year, notably in 3 weeks when the Bears host the Jacksonville Jaguars on October 7. Save the Bears for that week and go with the Saints this week. They’re due for a big home win.
Week 3 Survivor Pool Pick: New Orleans Saints over Kansas City Chiefs
Which week 3 survivor pool pick are you taking?
- Saints over Chiefs (55%, 16 Votes)
- Bears over Rams (14%, 4 Votes)
- 49ers over Vikings (10%, 3 Votes)
- Steelers over Raiders (10%, 3 Votes)
- Other (10%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 29
More NFL & NCAA Picks:
- » ADP WR Sleepers of 2015
- » 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Review – 12 Team PPR
- » Cordarrelle Patterson vs. Tavon Austin: 2014 Fantasy Football Comparsion
- » Football Season Is Coming…
- » Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears Pick Against the Spread
- » SMART BET College Football Picks for Saturday, October 5, 2013
- » NFL Week 4 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » SMART BET Week 4 College Picks
- » 2013 NFL Week 3 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » Week 3 – Waiver Wire – Philip Rivers, Eddie Royal, or Percy Harvin?