Middle Tennessee State vs. Troy (-7)

Posted by in College Football Picks on October 6th, 2009 | 6 Comments

This game lines up very nicely for Troy. There are several key advantages that make Troy a great play tonight. First, my power rankings have Troy as an 11-point chalk, therefore I see some value with this line being at 7. Secondly, Middle Tennessee State is playing their third consecutive road game, which always seems difficult for college teams especially. I also believe that MTST may be playing their most difficult opponent of the three here tonight when they face Troy as Maryland and North Texas are pretty weak. Troy has dominated this series recently going 2-0 ATS and SU over the past 2 years. Look for Troy to open this game up early and win going away by 17 points.

The Play Troy (-7) for 2 units (W)

Good Luck!

If your interested, below are three NHL games I like tonight:

1.  Dallas (+125) at Edmonton  Play 1 unit on Dallas (W)

2.  Montreal (+155) at Calgary Play 1 unit on Montreal (W)

3.  Ottawa (+105) at Toronto Play 1 unit on Ottawa (W)

6 Responses to Middle Tennessee State vs. Troy (-7):

1. Patrick

Date: Oct 06, 2009 at 8:51 pm

took all four brandon… looking good so far… ottawa winner :) troy up 14-0

Keep it going brotha :)

2. Brandon

Date: Oct 06, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Hopefully we can bring them all home!! Thanks for the comment!

3. Patrick

Date: Oct 07, 2009 at 4:51 am

ahh well… i think they were pretty close… we broke even … so all good… i know that college football is your number one specialty… would you say hockey is your number two?

4. Brandon

Date: Oct 07, 2009 at 10:59 am

I do like hockey and I am improving on it everyday. Actually, college basketball is one, college football two, and hockey three. I will be releasing several games today in college for the weekend. thanks for the comments.

5. Patrick

Date: Oct 08, 2009 at 7:07 am

ok very nice… i found the two of you last season… i never bet sports in my life … just a small 5 buck football pool when i was young… but last season i joined a decent size fantasy league (200 buyin and 20 per lost and 10 buck waiver wire pickups) and was also involved in a good pickskin pick’em on espn (250 buy in)… didnt do well… lost in both things… but i did beat one of my boys out of a 100 in golf this was during preseason football… and he told me he had a 300 futures bet on the steelers to win the super bowl … he had it at 14/1… so i told him instead of paying me the golf bet pay me 100 of the action on the steelers… he said, “you got it” :) im a steelers fan btw… so … there is a big superbowl party at my house and im sooooo drunk by the beginning of the third quarter and the score was something like 20-3 i thought it was over… i was partying really hard in garage and missed the rest of the game… my buddy who gave me the 100 bet comes in and garage after holmes makes that miracle catch and says, “holy shit what are you doing in here…. you just missed one of the greatest comebacks in your steeler history!!” ahhh well i got to see it months later on nfl network replays :) and won the 14/1 bet… but i did hedge some over to the cardinals side… played it smart… This year i beat the same friend in golf one day for 250 so he just bought me into the 250 pigskin pickem… i stayed away from fantasy this year… anyhow im sorry if i typed too much but i hope you enjoyed my story… i just wanted to say ty for putting up those picks early so that we can search for good lines… Btw is that a baseball in your avatar or a golf ball?

And what is going on with that (4-0) indianapolis vs tennessee (0-4)…the line is indie (-3.5) i would think that it would be much much higher than that… are you suspecting a trap?

I parlayed indie with your college nebraska for 1 unit.

Nonetheless… looking forward to reading your guys posts… good luck always and may you take home a ton of units :)

Respectfully,
    Patrick

Date: Oct 08, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Wow, awesome story Patrick. That’s hilarious. 14-1 odds — nice! I took home the Phillies 2008 World Series future after a slow start to the season and got in at 25-1. I’m a Phillies and Eagles fan though. Good luck with your picks.