SMART BET College Football Picks Week 10

Posted by in College Football Picks on November 2nd, 2009 | 45 Comments

Overall Profit 8.5 Units (updated 11/4)

The week starts early again with games beginning on Tuesday.

1) Bowling Green (+3) at Buffalo for 1 unit. Game is on Tuesday.

Bowling Green 30 Buffalo 29 W for 1 unit.

2) Miami (OH) at Temple (-14) for 2 units. Game is on Thursday.

Temple 34 MiamiĀ  (OH) 32 L for 2.2 units

3) Illinois at Minnesota (-6) for 1 unit.

Illinois 35 Minnesota 32 L for 1.1 units

4) Fresno State (-8) at Idaho for 1 unit.

Fresno State 31 Idaho 21 W for 1 unit.

5) Oklahoma at Nebraska (+6) for 1 unit.

Nebraska 10 Oklahoma 3 W for 1 unit.

6) Rice at SMU (-18) for 1 unit.

SMU 31 Rice 28 L for 1.1 units

7) Boise State -21 at Louisiana Tech for 1 unit.

Boise State 45 Louisiana Tech 35 L for 1.1 units

More plays will follow, but wanted to get some of the early picks out there to you as soon as possible so you can find the best line.

Good Luck.

45 Responses to SMART BET College Football Picks Week 10:

1. Jake

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 11:51 am

I was dumb.. and went with NO last night.. dumb dumb.. dumb… I just couldn’t see Falcons playing that tough on the road…

oh well. I def like the bowling green play tonight… what about the over/under… or maybe parlaying it with a strong basketball pick tonight brandon?

2. Brandon

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I like Bowling Green tonight and I really like Portland and 76ers as well.

By the way. . . Hopefully several of you jumped on board with my Temple bet that I released yesterday afternoon at Temple -14. If you have checked the lines this morning most places already have Temple a 17 point favorite! I say this number reaches 18 or even 19 by kickoff on Thursday! Even if you were paying very good money for a handicapping service, they would not have released the Temple or even the Bowling Green play yesterday. That is absolute FACT! However, with our absolutely free service you got that Temple play well before any of the big money went down and if you jumped on board early you have a -14 ticket already in hand! It is like having inside info for free! I am not trying to brag about our service, well actually I am, but I want you to recognize the value you are getting here at THEPASSRUSH.COM

3. Brandon

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 3:18 pm

By the way. . .As noted I released Temple as a 2 unit play. Personally though, after a great run this weekend and going 3-1 last night in the NBA, and having a stack of bills in my pocket, I made Temple my largest bet of the year. And yes, I was on the line early so I have Temple -14.

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Temple has definitely been dominant this year while Miami (OH) has struggled, but I was curious as to what has turned Temple’s program around this year? Prior to 2007, Temple’s program was a complete joke and they were the laughing stock of the NCAA.

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Vegas. . .

There is one reason why this Temple program has changed, let me introduce you to Al Golden. Who by the way has been nominated for the 2009 coach of the year award as well. He is in his fourth season, finally starting and fielding the squad he brought in. Below is a link to an article about Golden and his success.

Line at the Hilton has moved to -17.5!!

6. Miz

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Bowling Green & the over, what a cover!

7. Mike

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Yeah great call, they pulled it off in the closing seconds. I swear you guys picking the games that put us on the edge of our seats :)

By the way, I love the touch you added by saying whats not a saturday game. i really appreciate it.

8. Red

Date: Nov 03, 2009 at 10:43 pm

B,

Would you take temple at -17.5 ?

9. Brandon

Date: Nov 04, 2009 at 4:17 am

Red,

Very tough call on Temple -17.5. My stats and ratings have them a 20 point favorite. I still like them at -17.5, but definitely not as much as I liked them at -14.

10. Brandon

Date: Nov 04, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Someone a while ago asked me what my record was in College Football, so I went back through every game I have posted on thepassrush.com this season

Overall: 43-31 58%

Weeks 5-9: 32-19 63%

Those numbers mean only one thing $$$$$ !!!!

11. 711

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 1:23 am

Brandon, that miami vs temple line moved all the way up to about 18. How confident are you in this pick? Would you still take it at -18?

12. Brandon

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 1:34 am

711. . .

As you are probably aware, that is a 4 point line move since I released my play on Temple on Monday.

My numbers have Temple a 19 to 20 point favorite. While I think they win easily in a blowout, I would probably lower the play to a 1 unit at anything 18 or more and if the line moves to 21 I would probably say it is a no play.

Good Luck.

13. 711

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 1:57 am

gotcha, but you are still comfortable with the play for 1 unit at -18 to -10?

14. 711

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 1:57 am

to -20

15. jerry

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 8:07 am

What’s your feeling on the East Carolina VS Virginia Tech?

16. jerry

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 8:10 am

BY THE WAY GOT ON BOARD WITH YOU 3 WEEKS AGO, IT HAS BEEN INCREDIABLE. THANKS, YOUR BEER IS COMING

17. steve

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 11:51 am

i got a guy that likes e. carolina +13.5. brandon what about a 6 point tease on them 19.5 and temple -12. what u think?

18. Brandon

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 12:03 pm

I don’t like ECU at the price, as I think the hokies will be a focused team looking to get back on track. Plus, VT lost to ECU last year and VT has to be looking for some revenge. On the other hand, I do think if you like ECU the TEASER would be the best way to play the game. As I see VT winning by 14 to 17 points.

Good Luck!

19. Brandon

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 12:04 pm

711 . . .

Exactly,

Temple -14 to -17 2 unit

Temple -17.5 to -20 1 unit

20. Huskers#1

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 6:07 pm

I have a feeling that East Carolina might just have a chance at winning this game. I like the defence they have and I’m gonna put some big bills on em tonight. Just would like to know your thoughts on this game

21. steve

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 6:42 pm

i agree on ecu i think im gonna go with the 6 point tease ecu +19.5 and temple -12

22. Biggie0056

Date: Nov 05, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I took the over on the temple and northern ill games on a 2 team parlay…

Lookin like Sexy MONEY!!! keep up the good work

23. Jared

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 1:11 am

got killed on the temple game

24. Brandon

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 5:05 am

I don’t want to complain, but how in the world does a spread move to exactly 18 and THEN with less then 10 minutes to go in the game, the team that is favored by 18 happens to being winning by 18 (31-13) and then proceed to absolutely give the game away and allow 20 points in less then 10 minutes to a team that hasn’t even scored 20 points in a quarter or maybe even a half all year long? ?

Then to top it off . . . Temple comes back with less then a minute to get a quick score and win the game. So Temple’s record still looks good and Vegas wins too.

Something doesn’t add up!

25. jerry

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:55 am

Boise St/LT, any one have any thoughts? Seems to me @ -21 BS should
    cover easily. I just can’t see a letdown by BS.

26. jerry

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:59 am

Brandon, I’m with you all the way. The last 10 min. is when you lose most games

27. Brandon

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Boise State vs Louisiana Tech: Releasing a play on Boise State tonight. You have heard of must win situations right? Well that is EXACTLY NOT WHAT WE HAVE HERE. Boise State is in a MUST DOMINATE SITUATION TONIGHT! The only real way they have a chance to get into a BCS game is to continue to blowout teams by huge margins. This is by far the best team LT has played at home and no matter how focused they are for this contest, it means much more to Boise State. Exactly why they will win 46-14.

By the way I am releasing some of my biggest wins of the year in the NBA tonight.

Thanks for all the comments!

28. steve

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 2:23 pm

what about the o/u? any thoughts on a tease with the game and o/u?

29. tony

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Brandon,
    Loved the Bulls play last night. Hit it and the Pacers the night before. And will be going with OKC tonight. Even though this is the football board. I see you have two pics on the nba board now. Are you saying your gonnna release more winners on there or should I be checking to see if you post them on here in the comments.

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Steve. . .

The O/U at 50 to 51 seems low. I see total score being the 60s. Therefore, I would lean towards the over.

Tony. . .

All my basketball plays for tonight have been posted. I just was letting the guys that frequent thepassrush.com know I had some really strong plays tonight.

Thanks for all the comments and the beers that many have bought me.

31. Biggie0056

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Taking boise state -21, and the over at 50.. 2 teamer and dumping my winnings from last night on it…

This feels like the start of a HUGE weekend. I hope everyone takes their piece of the money pie too!!!

32. Tony

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Alright was just curious. Because checked the NBA site and you only had action on the lackers game and OKC game. But, guess not a good idea to always lay money down on every game.

33. 711

Date: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Brandon what do you think of the Oregon vs Stanford game? Thinking of doing a parlay with Oregon and Minnesota. Think that is a smart play? Im trying to find two solid locks lol. Any suggestions would be great.

34. Biggie0056

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 9:27 am

I think oregon is a great pick… minnesota on the other hand is a lil iffy to me.

Id recomend either oklahoma or texas a&m. But hey you gotta go with your gut

35. Some Guy

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 10:14 am

biggie… i was just about to type that exact response… we are same page…

36. 711

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 11:30 am

Thanks guys, I have been thinking about this literally all night. Wish me luck as im going with Texas ATM and Missouri.

37. Some Guy

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 11:45 am

me too 711! good luck!

38. Huskers#1

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Here are my 2 biggest bets on the day, I’m goin with BYU -13 and Fresno St -8. I have other bets goin but those are the 2 i’m loadin up on.

39. 711

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:05 pm

thanks some guy, good luck to you and huskers also.

40. Huskers#1

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 5:10 pm

I can’t figure out why Huston is such a low spread. I know its a rivalry game and its at tulsa, but this looks like a given to me? any thoughts?

41. RB

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I lost big today, need a big win to get back into it tonight, im thinking parlay…. usc -11 and over 45? any thoughts?

42. Huskers#1

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Load up on fresno st tonight buddy

43. RB

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 5:37 pm

what specific bet did you have in mind?

44. Huskers#1

Date: Nov 07, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I can’t say much on betting today. Pretty much all the bets I took today are goin the other way. I am saved by my big game earlier and hopefully make money after tonight fresno st. I hope its not a sucker bet but I gotta say Houston is gonna win fairly easy. All depends on if there defense shows up.

45. Brandon

Date: Nov 08, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Hey guys sorry for the lack of response. My computer crashed on Friday night and I just got it back online.

I wish I could have got on b/c I was all over two other games Stanford and UNLV.
    Both games were easy winners. I had some inside perspective on that game that played out exactly how many insiders thought it would. I would have had you all on the Stanford and on the moneyline. That is the way it goes it though.

We will get them back over the course of the rest of the season.

Glad to see all the comments!