NFL Week 17 Picks Against the Spread

Posted by in NFL General on January 1st, 2010 | 14 Comments

It’s Week 17 in the NFL and playoff spots are on the line.  Hopefully you took down Florida and Ohio State today in the Bowl games today.  Those were both easy wins in the big bowl games.  Sorry Brandon’s picks this Bowl season have been dismal.  He had a good season overall, but I found some of those calls on some Bowl games rather suspect.  There’s a lot of meaningless games to gauge, but here is what I like tomorrow.

1.) Bears -3 over LIONS — Hopefully the Bears can continue what they started last week.  Even though this game is meaningless, I think the Bears have more heart than the Lions and want to end the season with a big win.

2.) Steelers -3 over DOLPHINS — This is a potential playoff game for the Steelers and when they have to rise to the occasion, they usually do.  Like the win over the Packers.

3.) Titans -4.5 over SEAHAWKS — The Seahawks have been terrible and the Titans should run over them. However, the Titans D has been a concern lately and I don’t love them on the road, but I think they win this one.  A 3-4 point win won’t surprise me though, but I don’t see this game playing out any other way than a domination by the Titans.

4.) PANTHERS -7 over Saints — Saints will be resting players. Brees will not see any action as he’s the #3 QB today. Mark Brunell will start for the Saints. Look for the Panthers to roll over the Saints B Team.

PICKS ON THE BUBBLE:

5.) CHARGERS -3.5 over Redskins — Hard to gauge what kind of effort you’ll get from the Chargers since they have the 2nd seed locked up, but at home against the Redskins looks like a good play if Rivers plays until the 4th quarter.  Unfortunately, Billy Volek will get some playing time, so you might want to stay away from this game.  This is basically like betting on a preseason game.

6.) Giants +9 over VIKINGS — This could be a good spot to take some points since I think you see the Giants want to redeem themselves after last week’s embarrassment.  The Vikings lost 3 of their last 4, but all 3 losses came on the road.  When the Vikings play in the dome, they’re a completely different team so a 34-24 outcome is possible, but the Vikings are clearly in a decline right now.

14 Responses to NFL Week 17 Picks Against the Spread:

1. Dan

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 10:54 am

Heres what I like this week. Hope to finish out the regular season in a strong way. Let me know what you guys think.

Buffalo +1.5

Carolina -1.5

New England +7.5 ( I dont think Bill will sit his starters for as long as Indi and Saints, theyre still playing for home feild for AFC title, if Cinci wins and they loose theyd have to travel)

Giants +8.5 (GMen are playing for pride while the vikings have been garbage plus we may not see much of their starters.)

Titans -4.5

Thoughts? From what Ive seen I think I got the Indi and Saints game for a steal, most spreads looking like -8 on both.

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 11:24 am

I was going to add the Gmen to my picks but they only reason I held off is because all of the Viking’s last 3 losses in their last 4 games game well all on the ROAD. They’re a completely different team when playing at home in the dome, but I’m definitely more in favor of taking the points with the Giants. I think you can see them win outright.

I sure hope Cincinnati beats the Jets. The Jets are NOT a playoff team. Any team other than the Jets should make the playoffs over them: Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Dolphins, Titans, Jaguars, Denver. BUT NOT THE JETS! NO!!!!!!

The Panthers spread didn’t come out until this morning! I love that pick! You got them at -1.5? The spread for me is -7.

3. Joe Goddard

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 11:49 am

Buffalo is -8 you moron not +1.5. You guys are like 5 year olds. I’m picking against every game you think will hit cuz you are horrible. You embarass yourself dog.

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Hope you took the opposites Joe. Hahahaha.

5. abcdefg

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Vegas your an idiot, buffalo did win by more than 8 ……and your picks suck. a kid can pick better than you

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Hahaha. That’s why I was 3-0 at 1:00 by taking down the Steelers, Bears, and Panthers. Keep in mind there are 2 writers on the site. I do NFL. He does NCAA.

7. abcdefg

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Your trash man, 1 time you went 3-0 at 1! By the end of the day you’ll be 3-13. Study ya picks better bro

8. Dan

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Hey Joe….”Dog”. I got the Buffalo and Carolina spreads vis cbssports.com in my pick 5 ats league “Dog”. Im glad that upsets you so much “Dog”. Do some research homie “Dog”. I wont my league today and have 2gs in my poket thanks in part to this website and VMs help. So, “Dog” hope that helps your understanding.

Thanks for allowing me to make fun of your iggnorance. “DOG” !!

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Yo Dog. The worst I can do today is 3-1 since the only game I’m playing at 4:00 is Titans. It’s already a winning day for me today. I also went 8-1 in the pick ’em league so far today. Sign up and check out my results.

There are many times where I’ve started undefeated at the 1:00 time spot. I’ve had many winning weeks. In fact, there might have been 5 out of 17 weeks where I had a losing record, but I’ll take a 12-5 winning record any season. Sorry if you had some bad luck this season, but you need to do your own due diligence BUD.

10. abcdefg

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Dan your a fag DOG! Vegas you suckkkk!

11. Mark

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Hey Vegas, Thanks for the effort on this site. I always check here to see what your thoughts are on games. In the end, I always make my own decision on which games to play. Wish some of the morons that read your site had some ability to make there own decisions and live with them. If someone jumped off a bridge, sounds like a couple of the people on this message board might follow. Hey wait, thats not a bad thing.

12. Dan

Date: Jan 03, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Ha, looks like someone lost their piggy bank bankroll this weekend.

‘Abcedf’ Im sure there are some Cash for Gold stores in your neighborhood…. maybe you can sell some of your Moms jewelry which im sure youve stolen from her over the years to cover your weak picks.

13. Joe Goddard

Date: Jan 04, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Dan you are an idiot bro. You’re in a league where the spreads are obviously 3 days old. I mean Buffalo +1.5??? That was TEN points off.

Vegas you are horrible that’s all I have to say.
    Abcdef and I probably make wayyy more bank than you two clowns. The only reason you two clowns win is because your lines are 5-10 points off. Get in the real world gambling and get out of your joke leagues.

14. NFL Pickles

Date: Jan 04, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Great week Vegas! I’ll be following your playoff picks closely.