Week 3 College Football Picks On Tap

Posted by in College Football Picks on September 13th, 2010 | 35 Comments

Until further notice, Alabama looks like the play this week.

We had a big Saturday last week with 2 big wins, but we lost a little juice in the NFL. Won on Miami, lost on San Fran. Won on Ravens, lost on Chargers. We ripped off two college wins in week 2 action and that’s what is making me think that college football is where I need to be looking at. The Sooners and Crimson Tide came up big as I suggested and I looked at only the top 4 college football games. Let’s see what big games are on tap in week 3.

We start off on Thursday with Cincinnati @ N.C. State (-2). Both teams have shown that they’re able to score, but both have very poor defenses, so I’m looking for a close higher-scoring showdown. Based on that, I’ll be curious to see the over/under is because I’ll think anything under 47 points is worth taking a deeper look into.

If you’re looking to ride Ohio State, you’ll be giving up 31-32 points to take them at home against Ohio. Considering that they’ll win by something like 42-3, it looks like a win, but too many points for my taste. I don’t take many high spreads like this one. If Ohio manage just 13 points, they should cover.

Maryland (+11) @ West Virginia is interesting. Maryland has impressed me with a big win over Navy while West Virginia just lost to Marshall. This could be a rebound game for WVU, but I think Maryland with +11 is enticing. I’ll wait to see what Brandon likes because his specialty is finding good underdogs to take. After looking at the injury report though, you will want to hold off on this one until QB Danny O’Brien’s status is determined. He’s questionable with an ankle injury.

No. 14 Arkansas @ No. 22 Georgia (-2.5) should be a good game to watch at noon. No opinion on this game though. South Carolina topped Georgia and they are a team to watch in the SEC other than Alabama this year.

Washington is only getting 3.5 against No. 6 Nebraska. I’ve been looking to ride Washington this season. They let me down week 1 against BYU, but then got the cover against Syracuse this past week. Nebraska’s D is nasty and that’s why they’re getting 80% of the votes at Covers.com I’m going to have to say that Nebraska is the way to go, but with the spread so low, I’m thinking this is a classic “trap game.”

If you want to continue riding Alabama, you’ll have to give up 23.5 to take them on the road against Duke. They should easily roll over Duke. Duke’s defense is terrible and Alabama should score about 80-90% of the time they get the football, especially after seeing the way they just ran over Penn State. Duke’s offense can actually put up points though, so if they can manage just 2 TDs, they’ll have a shot at covering. I’m expecting a win in the area of 42-10. Alabama’s D doesn’t give up many (if any) points to any college football team. I don’t see Duke scoring any more than 14 points and they’ll probably just come out with field goal or two if Alabama’s D is as good as advertised.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to take Oregon over Portland State or South Carolina over Furman. They should win by a combined 100 points.

When I saw Wake Forest at Stanford, my eyes lit up until I saw that the spread was Stanford (-17). Going to have to pass there.

As far as the big primetime games go, Notre Dame @ Michigan State (-3.5) at 8:00 on ABC should be phenomenal. The late game is No. 9 Iowa (-1.5) @ No. 4 Arizona at 10:30 on ESPN. This one is too close to call. Both teams are great. It should be a great football game.

Enjoy the action Saturday.

Your guide to the best college football games to watch this week:

• 12:00 – Arkansas @ Georgia (-2.5)
  • 3:30 – Nebraska (-3.5) @ Washington – ABC
  • 7:00 – Clemson @ Auburn (-6.5) – 7:00 – ESPN
  • 8:00 – Notre Dame @ Michigan State (-3.5) – ABC
  • 10:30 – Iowa (-1.5) @ Arizona – ESPN

Top Week 3 Picks Against the Spread:

1. Alabama (-23.5) over Duke — Prediction Alabama 42 – Duke 10 — Alabama is just too good. I don’t like high spreads, but I just don’t see how they don’t roll over Duke in this one. Duke’s D is too poor for Alabama to not put up close to a 40-spot and although Duke’s offense has shown it can score, this is Alabama’s D we’re talking about — they don’t give up many points.
  2. Nebraska (-3.5) over Washington — Prediction Nebraska 31 – Washington 20 — Could be a trap game.
  3. Maryland (+11) over WVU — Prediction WVU 27 – Maryland 17 — Maryland has impressed me so 11 points seems generous. However, WVU may bounce back and crush Maryland, so look into this one more. Maryland’s run game has been phenomenal, but they’ll face a much tougher test this week.

Now For a Word From Nas

Tags: , ,

35 Responses to Week 3 College Football Picks On Tap:

1. Hong Goerlich

Date: Apr 05, 2020 at 9:59 pm

I have recently started a website, the info you provide on this web site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.

2. Carlton Birkett

Date: Apr 09, 2020 at 1:03 am

Right now it looks like WordPress is the best blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

3. Minta Ruesga

Date: Apr 10, 2020 at 11:46 am

some genuinely prize content on this site, saved to bookmarks.

4. Chi Walczyk

Date: Apr 14, 2020 at 10:50 am

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me dinner simply because I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this topic here on your web site.

5. Ramon Kerner

Date: Apr 28, 2020 at 2:42 am

Great blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally confused .. Any tips? Thank you!

6. Freddy Calcote

Date: May 02, 2020 at 8:16 am

Thanks for your posting. Another thing is that being a photographer involves not only problem in capturing award-winning photographs but also hardships in establishing the best digital camera suited to your needs and most especially situations in maintaining the standard of your camera. This is certainly very true and apparent for those photography addicts that are into capturing this nature’s eye-catching scenes – the mountains, the actual forests, the actual wild or maybe the seas. Visiting these amazing places definitely requires a photographic camera that can meet the wild’s tough surroundings.

7. Buy Fast Private Proxy

Date: May 08, 2020 at 7:09 pm

DreamProxies.com – Best Private Proxies Designed for Minimum Selling prices Ever before!

8. Google

Date: May 09, 2020 at 2:15 am

That is the end of this write-up. Right here youll find some internet sites that we consider youll enjoy, just click the hyperlinks.

9. vape shop near me

Date: May 16, 2020 at 2:10 pm

that is the finish of this write-up. Here you will uncover some web sites that we assume youll enjoy, just click the links over

10. roulette software

Date: May 16, 2020 at 5:26 pm

we like to honor several other net websites around the net, even when they arent linked to us, by linking to them. Underneath are some webpages really worth checking out

11. best roulette software

Date: May 18, 2020 at 4:08 am

please take a look at the web-sites we stick to, such as this one particular, because it represents our picks in the web

12. roulette betting software

Date: May 18, 2020 at 6:26 am

Sites of interest we’ve a link to

13. Google

Date: May 18, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Just beneath, are a lot of totally not associated sites to ours, even so, they are surely really worth going over.

14. CARA THIEN CBD Scammer

Date: May 19, 2020 at 5:10 am

that will be the end of this report. Right here you will obtain some sites that we consider youll appreciate, just click the links over

15. make money online

Date: May 22, 2020 at 3:20 am

although internet sites we backlink to beneath are considerably not connected to ours, we feel they are basically really worth a go as a result of, so possess a look

16. best roulette software

Date: May 22, 2020 at 5:59 am

below you will uncover the link to some web sites that we assume you must visit

17. make money online

Date: May 22, 2020 at 6:49 am

although websites we backlink to below are considerably not related to ours, we feel they may be actually worth a go by way of, so possess a look

18. make money online

Date: May 22, 2020 at 8:51 am

below you will obtain the link to some internet sites that we think you must visit

19. kitt replica for sale

Date: May 22, 2020 at 11:27 am

just beneath, are numerous totally not related internet sites to ours, having said that, they’re surely worth going over

20. kratom near me

Date: May 22, 2020 at 3:04 pm

please take a look at the sites we comply with, which includes this a single, as it represents our picks through the web

21. Google

Date: May 22, 2020 at 8:41 pm

Every when in a though we choose blogs that we read. Listed below are the most recent web-sites that we choose.

22. best CBD oils

Date: May 23, 2020 at 4:00 am

very handful of web sites that happen to be comprehensive below, from our point of view are undoubtedly very well really worth checking out

23. best CBD oil

Date: May 23, 2020 at 7:50 am

below you will uncover the link to some web sites that we feel you should visit

24. CBD oil for depression

Date: May 23, 2020 at 2:31 pm

one of our visitors lately encouraged the following website

25. Blessed CBD

Date: May 24, 2020 at 2:11 am

that will be the finish of this write-up. Here you will find some websites that we feel youll appreciate, just click the links over

26. best CBD oils

Date: May 24, 2020 at 2:39 am

very few internet websites that take place to become detailed below, from our point of view are undoubtedly properly really worth checking out

27. CBD oil for arthritis

Date: May 24, 2020 at 8:06 am

that will be the finish of this article. Here you will uncover some internet sites that we assume youll appreciate, just click the links over

28. buy CBD oils

Date: May 24, 2020 at 11:36 am

always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I really like but really don’t get a great deal of link like from

29. CBD oil for anxiety

Date: May 24, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a couple of unrelated information, nevertheless seriously worth taking a look, whoa did 1 study about Mid East has got much more problerms too

30. buy CBD oils

Date: May 24, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Here are a few of the web sites we recommend for our visitors

31. best CBD oil UK

Date: May 24, 2020 at 3:27 pm

usually posts some very fascinating stuff like this. If youre new to this site

32. best CBD oils

Date: May 24, 2020 at 6:58 pm

check below, are some totally unrelated internet sites to ours, even so, they’re most trustworthy sources that we use

33. CBD oil for depression

Date: May 24, 2020 at 8:00 pm

just beneath, are several completely not connected sites to ours, nonetheless, they are surely really worth going over

34. CBD oil

Date: May 25, 2020 at 12:15 am

Here are a few of the web-sites we advise for our visitors

35. free instagram followers

Date: May 25, 2020 at 8:28 am

usually posts some extremely fascinating stuff like this. If you are new to this site