SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Posted by in College Football Picks on October 21st, 2010 | 9 Comments

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS:
I just didn’t feel any games warranted a 1 unit play last week.  There were a few games I liked, but nothing worth potentially losing money over.  Back at it this week with 4 picks.

UCLA/OREGON UNDER 61 for 1 unit. Both teams off a bye week having plenty of time to analyze film and review play schemes to ready their defenses for this contest.  Oregon’s D has been unreal at home only giving up an average of 10pts per contest.  UCLA, while not as talented, has been average for most college squads giving up 26pts per contest.  UCLA’s offense has been overall pretty inefficient and I don’t expect that offense to improve here tonight on the road verse a well rested and prepared Oregon D.  In my opinion the only way you can bet this game over is if you think Oregon can score over 61 by themselves because Oregon does have the talent to post a shutout at home.  UCLA’s D will be well tested, but should be pretty prepared for this contest.  Final score Oregon 44 UCLA 10.

Alabama (-16.5) at Tennessee for 2 units. They win by 40. Enough said.

UCONN at LOUISVILLE (-1.5) for 1 unit. I got this game at +2. It opened at +1.5 and then moved to +2 so I waited to post this, but when I saw it start to fall I jumped on it, but by the time of posting it was at -1.5.  I think they win outright easily.  More write up to follow if I have time.

Indiana (+13.5) at Illinois for 1 unit. Illinois may overlook this IU squad, but you better not sleep on this IU offense that will put up some points against an average Illinois defense.  I smell an upset.

9 Responses to SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL:

Date: Oct 21, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Great calls on Alabama and Indiana. I’m with you there.

2. Joey G

Date: Oct 21, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I like the under tonight as well. Have a small wager on that.

3. Billy Martin

Date: Oct 21, 2010 at 6:31 pm

If Bama wins by 40, I’ll blow you.

Dooley is very familiar wth Saban and his schemes.

This is big rivalry albeit Tennessee sucking this year.

Take the under and be happy.

40, hilarious.

4. Bill

Date: Oct 23, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Vegas, not sure how you can say great calls on Bama and Indiana when the games haven’t been played. You guys consistently hand out losers. Delete the site

Date: Oct 23, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I haven’t handed out losers. Joey G has been dropping the ball — you have to look at who is writing the picks. “Great calls” as in I agree with him. Put your big boy pants on and make your own calls. Use us to check stats/trends/analysis to confirm your own convictions.

Date: Oct 23, 2010 at 11:16 pm

BILL YOU CAN GET OFF YOUR KNEES NOW ALABAMA IS DONE POUNDING TENN! SO MUCH FOR THAT UNDER! GET OFF OUR SITE AND MAKE YOUR OWN PICKS.

Date: Oct 24, 2010 at 1:58 am

Alabama only won by 31. Ra ra ra. You said 40. Ra ra ra.

8. gunny

Date: Oct 24, 2010 at 9:47 am

Billy owes you at least a hand job

9. Trista Towne

Date: Oct 14, 2011 at 7:56 am

You could definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.