SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Posted by in College Football Picks on October 28th, 2010 | 6 Comments

Solid week last weekend with winners on Alabama and Louisville. Indiana was my only loser as they were plagued with turnovers. I am releasing Game of the Year #2 this weekend.

GAME OF THE YEAR #2:

Wake Forest at Maryland (-5) for 2 units. This Maryland team is the most improved squad in all of college football.  I am not going to say that they are ready to win the ACC, but they are a fundamentally sound football team that week in and week out play consistent football.  Consistency leads to great betting opportunities and this is what we have here.  After calculating the line/score for this game I have Maryland winning 38-19, so win I saw this 5-point spread I jumped all over it.  WF has really struggled on the road this year going 0-3 SU and 0-3 ATS and I don’t see anything that would lead me to believe they are going to be much more competitive here this weekend.  Maryland is very athletic both on offense and defense and rarely turn the ball over. Look for Maryland to win this one going away.

GOY WINNER! MARYLAND WINS 62-14!

Louisville (+9.5) at Pittsburgh for 1 unit: Lost 20-3

Clemson at Boston College (+7) for 1 unit: Again, got to lean with the better defense. Clemson has had a propensity for turning the ball over several times this year and there is no way you can trust that offense on the road laying a touchdown. But in Clemson’s defense, if BC doesn’t rise to the occasion it could be a long day.  OUTRIGHT WINNER 16-10.

Baylor (+7.5) at Texas for 1 unit: OUTRIGHT WINNER 30-22.

San Jose State at New Mexico State (+3.5) for 1 unit: I have to take a shot on this game. One of the worst teams in college football a road favorite, are you kidding me? Maybe they win by 30, but I got NMST winning 25-24. Their running attack is much more solid and the defenses are about equal.  If NMST can control the ball and clock and not get beat too many times by big passing plays they should get their second win of the year.  OUTRIGHT WINNER 29-27!

Really busy week will try to post completed write ups. If you have any questions or comments leave them in the comment section.

6 Responses to SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL:

1. Mike

Date: Oct 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I know this isn’t really the site for it but I am loving some nice action with this game and the Orlando game tonight. Only giving 13.5 which I think is a pittance compared to what they will do to the Wizards. I actually think they have it at that thinking they can sucker people in picking Washington :)

2. Hal

Date: Oct 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm

What do you have to say about Georigia vs Florida. Trap game?

Date: Oct 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Hal,

Georgia vs. Florida: I have this game right at the Vegas Line, Georgia winning 24-21, thus Georgia -3. In tight games like this one I have to lean towards playing the team with better rushing attack and better D, both of which I would give the edge to Georgia. However, Georgia seems to consistently have trouble winning those big games in which they are slight favorites and that is why it is a no play for me. But I would lean towards Georgia.

Good Luck.

4. Carlo

Date: Oct 29, 2010 at 2:45 am

How do you feel about utah against air force. I agree on your maryland pick as it’s too ingenious.

Date: Oct 29, 2010 at 10:49 am

Carlo:

My prediction: Utah 34 Air Force 25 (at least that is what my numbers say), personally I have been disappointed with AF as they don’t seem to have recovered fully from that loss at Oklahoma. I thought that loss would make this team that much better. There isn’t going to be a whole lot of surprises in this game as both teams are going to play solid D and attack with the run. Utah still has an outside chance at a top bowl game and cannot afford to lose at AF. I think this game goes down to the wire with Utah winning by 3, but I rarely go against what my numbers say as they have proven to be pretty consistent over the past few years. So its a no play for me.

Good Luck.

Date: Oct 31, 2010 at 10:14 am

Now that is the type of betting days you dream about, 3.9 units of profit with my GOY winning by 48 points and 3 of 4 underdogs winning outright!

Hope you guys were on board!