NFL Week 13 Picks Against the Spread

Posted by in NFL Picks on December 2nd, 2010 | 25 Comments

Been swamped this week.  Going to post quick picks. Some extra analysis may possibly be updated Saturday.

PHILADELPHIA (-8.5) over Houston — I’m an Eagles fan so I’m forced to pick them. Ridiculously high spread against a good offense, but Eagles offense should get clicking again against the Texans poor defense.

Washington (+7) over NEW YORK GIANTS — Division games are tough. Especially when Giants are missing their WRs (Smith and Nicks are out).

Jacksonville over TENNESSEE — First impression. Subject to change.

Cleveland (+4.5) over MIAMI — Miami rebounds against Oakland after getting shut out by Bears. Have to stick with those Browns though! Not a high confidence play though.

Chicago (-4.5) over DETROIT — Chicago’s D is legit!

KANSAS CITY (-9.5) over Denver — Wow, Kansas City is for real? Too many points to take.

GREEN BAY (-9.5) over San Fransisco — Too many points for me to take, but I have to stick with the Pack at home.

MINNESOTA (-5.5) over Buffalo — Now that the Vikings got a W, they should be able to beat the Bills at home though, right? Bills took the Steelers to OT after killing the Bengals. What is going on?

New Orleans (-6.5) over CINCINNATI — This is one of my favorite plays this week.  Like I’ve been saying, New Orleans will get hot in the 2nd half of the season.

SAN DIEGO (-13) over Oakland — Oakland is in a funk again and San Diego’s offense has been clicking. Chargers need to keep pace with the Chiefs who have an easy game at home.

SEATTLE (-6) over Panthers — I love betting against the Panthers, so this game looks like it could be a taker.

INDIANAPOLIS (-5) over Dallas — Have to stick with the Colts at home despite the Colts loss to the Chargers last week. Like I mentioned, the Chargers have the Colt’s number and always manage to give them fits.

St. Louis (-3.5) over ARIZONA — Arizona blows. Have to go with them Rams.

Atlanta (-2.5) over TAMPA BAY — Screams trap game. Vegas very confident in Tampa Bay.  I really respect Tampa Bay and think they have a good shot at winning here, but the Falcons are far more legit than the Bucs. I’ll have to go with the better team.  Looks like an easy bet, but it totally has trap game written all over it.

BALTIMORE (-3) over Pittsburgh — With the Ravens at home, I’ll have to stick with them. Pitt’s offense wasn’t up to par against the Bills last week and Big Ben is banged up.

NEW ENGLAND (-3.5) over New York Jets — Revenge game! Going with the Pats at home on Monday Night. Danny Woodhead is a stud! Perfect game for Monday Night!

25 Responses to NFL Week 13 Picks Against the Spread:

1. mike

Date: Dec 02, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Wtf is with these quick analysis half ass picks. I mean seriously it looks like they are just being thrown up and this is about the 4th week this has gone on.

If something is going on in your that’s fine, but I would rather you put up nothing then somthing with a quick glance

2. mike

Date: Dec 02, 2010 at 9:18 pm

And miami got shutout by the bears because it started its 3rd string quarterback and their third string center.

Henne came back and they won against oakland, I wouldn’t exactly say they got a rebound over just getting healthy :)

3. Blitzer

Date: Dec 03, 2010 at 4:21 am

I completely agree with mike. What? You bet all the favorites? Wow! I have high confidence in that you know nothing about NFL handicapping! This site used to post relatively informative predictions. Now…this is useless.

4. Mark

Date: Dec 03, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I’m not going to go quite that far out on a limb, but I wish you guys were still posting some NCAAF picks as well. Seems like all we are getting are these little blippy picks which make it sort of impossible to gauge whether or not you guys actually like the pick or if your just making one.

5. Kennymoe

Date: Dec 04, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Man last year you rocked. This year mediocre at best. Do your research or dont pick them at all

Date: Dec 04, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Work demands along with heavy travel requirements have made it hard to maintain consistency with posting picks. My apologies. Joey G. has been wanting to make a comeback. Any thoughts?

Date: Dec 04, 2010 at 11:56 pm

@Blitzer. Favorites have been hitting big lately. I picked Jags +7 last week as one of my tops plays with the points. I say you continue to take the points against the Giants. Washington is getting 7 this week and I prefer the points.

What game do you like best with the points? I’m sorry, but I don’t see the 49ers covering against Green Bay or Oakland covering against San Diego despite the high spread. Not going to take points just to take them.

8. Dan

Date: Dec 05, 2010 at 10:59 am

Its a FREE handicap site. Some weeks are better than others but id say quite solid for the most part. Stop whining.

Go Ravens.

9. Mike

Date: Dec 05, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Dude this doesn’t have to do with whining, it has to do with a lack of effort. Usually there is alot of in-depth analysis on each matchup and now the picks are just thrown up.

Nobody is bitching at the picks being losers so learn how to read Dan.

10. Mike

Date: Dec 05, 2010 at 1:10 pm

LOL meant Winning not whining :)

11. Mark

Date: Dec 05, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Let Joey G come back if he agrees to not delete his picks ever again.

Date: Dec 05, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I don’t know about anyone else, but I hit on my top plays with Atlanta and Seattle. Lost some on New Orleans and also added little with the Rams for a small play.

I don’t have to write these picks man. This is a hobby not my job. I’m not obligated to do anything. My top plays have been solid winners the last month. What are you people complaining about? I’m not going to hit 90% for Christ’s sake. Nobody will. People’s expectations are insane.

13. Rich

Date: Dec 05, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I wouldn’t let that Joey G. back on, dude deleted his picks and claimed he never made them on the NBA site. Slapped the site owners in the face with such a lack of integrity. Awful idea.

14. blitzer

Date: Dec 06, 2010 at 12:29 am

Ok, I understand. You aren’t obligated to do anything. But here’s the thing, your picks suck and are not presented well, but more importantly they USED to be good and entertaining.

I am only complaining because I’m letting you know, I am losing respect for your website and will stop viewing. Others will too. That is all, I get it, you owe us nothing.

15. mike

Date: Dec 06, 2010 at 10:47 am

Who said anything about 90 percent winners? No one expects that so where the fuck did that come from?

You say you hit your top two picks, where the fuck are they. No confidence ratings or anything, just things like chicago D is legit. Really we didn’t know that

Your site has grown because you do well and usually are very through on your explanations and lately they haven’t been. Take a look at the last few weeks compared to two months ago and see you a crazy difference

And if it is a hobby like u said and its free and we can’t do jack shit, fine we will leave then. And by the way, I have sent you money over three times whenever I played your game of the year bets and hit.

I love your site and I am upset because it just feels half-assed now. If this is what I should expect now so be it and I will look elsewhere

16. Mark

Date: Dec 06, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Yeah I wasn’t trying to say that either. I just prefer if you guys show some trends along with your own analysis. If you don’t have time that is fine I was just saying I wish the write ups had some confidence or something next to them. I have never written on this site bitching about free picks not winning. You guys do it for free so it cannot be expected that anyone can really bitch about it.

Date: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:27 pm

You guys are right. I posted a great Thanksgiving special, but other than that, the last few weeks have been poor (content-wise, the top plays are hitting). I’ve had to put in crazy work weeks so my time has been cut short but my schedule has freed up a bit so look for a solid edition of picks Wednesday or Thursday.

18. Frank

Date: Dec 07, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I dont think there is anything wrong with this site! Its FREE and at least they are being curtious enough to acknowedge that there picks are last min and to make you better judgement. they have lives and jobs too. this entire nfl season has been so wacked out. if you watch any football at all its all they are talking about. look at the weakest teams last year taking out past superbowl champs. look at Manning throwing 2 and 3 turnovers. look at all these damn new penalities that have lost and won games. you guys get REAL and appreciate that you have a free site that gives damn good predictions. last season i made 70k in vegas with there help. keep doing what you guys are doing. I appreciate the site and its information

19. Frank

Date: Dec 07, 2010 at 7:43 pm

look at cbs.com and see how 5 of there “EXPERTS” are doing

20. livinitup

Date: Dec 08, 2010 at 9:44 am

I’m going to have to agree with the board on this one. I’ve been on this site for two years now and went away from it when Joey G and his antics took place. Slowly have come back and have also noticed a drop off in analysis. Last season you were on point with the NFL. This year the analysis of games has become pretty pathetic. It’s true your site is free, but like Mark said we could find another site for help if this continues, just let us know that is what to now expect. Frank, if you’re going to throw out lame numbers like that don’t bother posting comments. Nobody here can confirm your 70K comment so it’s not very impressive and not very believable. You winning 70K sounds like you’re a small time sharp. If that’s the case why in the hell would you be taking the advice of a “free site”. Shouldn’t you be able to make your own plays with your own stats like other big timers instead of the advice of a free site?

21. mike

Date: Dec 08, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Haha yeah I love the 70k on a free site, although this is an awesome site, for a few hundred you can get some top ass anaylsis.

I am happy vegas that this week will be back to the way it is, that was my only issue. I am certainly looking forward to your picks :)

22. Frank

Date: Dec 08, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Well you can’t keep parlay tickets after you win sir and I would be putting anything on thick. The nfl last year was extremely predictable and that what u seem to not all be noticing. We had 3 Top teams to win off. Saints Colts and Vikings. Then we had the top 3 teams to bet against. Tampa bay, cleveland, and kansas city. Those were guaranteed win and guaranteed losses. It was hard at all and I was very young with big balls. My last come up was on a 4 teamer parlay that I placed 4,ooo on with a 58,000 payout. My fourth and last game was one of the biggest come back when the saints went up against the dolphins and got the doors blown off by the wildcat the 1st half. Its true they are lagging on info but I respect your constructive criticism… Ill leave my comment at that. Good luck

23. Mark

Date: Dec 08, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Wait you were betting 4,000 dollars on 4 team parlays, but used free gambling advice instead of forking out like 100 bucks for picks? Also, you were very young last year? Doesn’t that still make you young?

24. livinitup

Date: Dec 09, 2010 at 12:32 am

Saints, Colts and Vikings were not the top three teams ATS last year. It was the Packers, Falcons and Niners. The Browns were 10-6 ATS last year and in actuality the Lions were the worse team ATS last year. Really though this is neither here nor there. I really hope you, me and everyone beats the books week in and week out. The reality of this is however, if you win 60 -65% of the time you had a hell of season. My point is, and I’m not trying to be a hardon about this, but nobody wants to hear about the ridiculous amount of money you’re putting on 4 team parlays based off of information from a free site that nobody can confirm or deny is true. In addition to that, if you’re betting 4 teamers period, especially for that kind of scratch (unless you’re some kind of millionaire) you’re a rookie gambler and you’ll eventually just throw all your money to the books. Vegas, I look forward to the analysis getting back to before when you were on point. My personal vote on Joey G is no. Dude has no integrity and then tried to hide it. Just IMO.

25. paul b

Date: Dec 01, 2011 at 7:30 pm

be nice if these idiots new what week their in.