Weel 16 – FLEX – Felix Jones or Anquan Boldin?

Posted by in NFL Week 16 Start 'Em Sit 'Em Advice on December 28th, 2010 | 21 Comments

Question: Who should I play in the flex for week 16?

My team has made it to the Championship! Standard league (No PPR).

Here is my current lineup:

QB — Peyton Manning
WR — DeSean Jackson
WR — Hakeem Nicks
RB — Steven Jackson
RB — LeGarrette Blount
TE — Jason Witten
FLEX — NEED YOUR HELP!
K — David Akers
Def — Eagles D

Help me choose my flex from the following:

Felix Jones @ ARI — This who I’m leaning towards with such a great matchup against a bad Arizon defense. But I’ve read he missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday with a bruised shin. Does anyone know if this injury is srious? How big of a threat are Choice and Barber to his carries this week? Plus Felix is great as receiver out of the backfield–better than those other two.

OR

Anquan Boldin @ CLE — His inconsistency has been killing me lately. I know the guy is an absolute beast of a player, but he’s being out produced by Mason! He tore up the Browns early in the season, ironically his biggest fantasy output of the year believe it or not.

The other “options” I have on my bench include the following:

Brian Westbrook @ STL (Dixon might be out so he may be the lone workhorse RB v. Rams)

Tashard Choice @ ARI (If Felix can’t go he’s my favorite option due to workload/redzone looks)

Mario Manningham @ GB (Coming off a good performance last week–tougher GB matchup)

Donald Brown @ OAK (had a breakout game last week–if only Colts RB he could play good vs a bad Raiders Run D)

Who is my best bet out of this group? Who do you think I should start? Thoughts, Ideas, and Opinions welcome! Thank you in advance!

Best answer:

Go with Felix Jones in the flex then Tashard Choice if he’s hurt. ESPN is saying that the injury to Felix Jones is very minor so he should be getting significant carries and close to 100%. Manningham has tough matchup against GB.  Westbrook may do decent but not championship type of numbers, he’s showing signs of aging and may not have much left in the tank. Boldin is also showing signs of aging. Donald Brown has been terrible this season. What a bust. Go with Felix Jones!

Give your answer to this question below!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

21 Responses to Weel 16 – FLEX – Felix Jones or Anquan Boldin?:

1. James U

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I’d have to say Brown.

2. shawty

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I would agree with your instinct about Felix Jones. Check his status’ day by day to make sure he plays. If he’s out, go with Choice.

Please help me as well friend,

3. Big Chief

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Big Chief say to start um RB from Land of Cowboys. Dallas should move the ball and score often against that Arizona “D”. Felix isn’t much of a TD guy, but he’s got a good chance to score here and lately he’s been putting up double figure fantasy points with mainly rushing & receiving yardage. Choice is a solid play if Felix can’t go. Cowboys not always friendly to Big Chief, but me would break um bread with Cowboy who Carry Football. UGH!!!

4. Justin J

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Boldin against the Browns because of his unique catching skills and his speed will be unstoppable

5. bgkob

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 12:12 am

Jones…no doubt.

6. Tom C

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 12:15 am

Ive got Hakeem Nicks too, but Im not sure if im starting him because of Green Bay’s defense. I can’t decide.

7. Michael

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 12:50 am

Tough choice between Jones and Donald Brown. If Felix Jones is good to go, go with him. If not, Donald Brown is a good option.

Like you said, Boldin is inconsistent. Mainly because Flacco has other good options in Derrick Mason and Housh. Similar story with Manningham except that it’s not necessarily other WRs as it is the Giants prolific running game.

8. Nickfett

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 1:22 am

I’d definitely stay away from brown and westbrook, the 49ers as a team are inconsistent and they are going back to troy smith. All those offensive shake ups are not going to lead to much success. Brown is on the worst rushing offense in the league, and the raiders are no joke against the rush so I wouldn’t count on a repeat.

I’m not sure why but I’m getting a good feeling on Tashard Choice, I’m always for the goal line style back in fantasy football, and he has touchdowns in 3 of his last 4 games, and if he that’s all he does this week is score, it will be worth it.

Felix will have a good day, but touchdowns will be tough for him to find.

I like Anquan Boldin if you decide to go WR. He already tore the browns up once and I suspect he’ll do the same this week.

Manningham is too inconsistent, for a championship don’t take a risk on him.

So final word is if you feel more like a WR then go Boldin……

….But I would start Choice.

9. Dane

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 2:15 am

1) Felix Jone if healthy
    2) Boldin I think he will turn around
    3) Choice 100% if Jones is not playing

all the others are to up in the air and inconsistent

10. Xrdw X

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 2:50 am

I would go with Donald Brown. When the colts run the ball, they get big chunks. I think it will happen again. BTW nice pic. Money money money money monnee eeeey

11. Shelby

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 3:08 am

I would say Felix or Choice if Jones doesn’t go, but it sounds like he will. I don’t trust Boldin, he’s boom or bust nor do I trust Westy who’s splitting carries – may get that one break away run or he may not. Addai may be back. Manningham is facing a tougher D this week.

Update: Rotoworld is reporting Addai has a ‘great chance of playing’.

12. Russell

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 3:58 am

Go with Donald, Pey Pey’s sick of slinging the rock around 50 times a game so the Colts’ running attack should continue to progress nicely. If not, Tashard is the goaline guy in Big D and he has a nose for the endzone…and against the lowly Cards, he could be sniffing paydirt more than once.

13. allent85

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 4:23 am

I would start Manningham he is a very good WR and Packers D is not that good in the secondary

14. Jason Quinn

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 4:46 am

If Felix Jones, is playing start him. if not go with Choice because Arizona’s run d is horrible

15. RICHARD S

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 5:46 am

Go with Jones in the flex then Choice if he’s hurt. Manningham has tough matchup, Westbrook may do decent but not championship type of numbers, Boldin is showing his age and Donald Brown is not the best to roll your dice on.

16. daniel e

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 6:29 am

i would go with boldin

17. Michael

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 7:11 am

I would go with brown.

Good luck!!

18. Fantasy football GURU

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 7:49 am

Either way, if Feliz is healthy he is still splitting carries with Tashard and Marion

19. david

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 8:25 am

Anquan fo sho

20. joe

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 8:45 am

i think boldin

21. JoshuaJH

Date: Aug 05, 2012 at 8:57 am

I think it’s tough not to play players on the NYG & the pass-happy Eli!!

I know, I know…., Green Bay’s D and seconday is tough!!

“Keep your expectations modest, though, as Green Bay is allowing 16.0 Fantasy points per game to wideouts and has surrendered only seven touchdowns to the position this season.”

I like the Giants and Eli to go strong vs. Green Bay. It says there they may come big near the goal line but I’m betting with frequent passing, including the longer pass option of the NY Giants, I bet Mario finds the endzone once if not two or theree other times!

I like NYG’s offense,Mario finding the endzone and Green Bay is becomming weak in the stretch run.

His injury will not be a factor on Sunday!!
    (Heel – Full practice. Probable for Week 16 at Green Bay)