Week 1: Sit or Start. Gore, Jackson, Barber, or Slaton? Pick 2

Posted by in NFL Week 1 Start 'Em Sit 'Em Advice on September 6th, 2011 | 7 Comments

Questions: Fantasy football week 1 start and sit?

I need to start 2 RBs and here are my choices:

Marion Barber @ TB
Steven Jackson @ SEA
Frank Gore @ ARI
Steve Slaton @ NYJ

Which two running backs should I start? This is a 12 team league. I think the other 11 team owners are first timers. The rest of my team is here.

QB: Kurt Warner and Matt Schaub
RB: Frank Gore, Steve Slaton, Steven Jackson and Marion Barber
WR: Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams and Donald Driver
TE: Dallas Clark and Jason Witten
K: Rob Bironas
DEF: Titans

Answer

Go with Steven Jackson and Frank Gore. Not only are they your best players but they are facing weak defenses.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Week 1: Sit or Start. Gore, Jackson, Barber, or Slaton? Pick 2:

1. Eric S

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 8:10 am

Barber and Jackson

2. Paul

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 8:50 am

First of all…..GREAT RB’s. is this a small league or something or do you have the worst WR’s and QB ever.

anyways…….start Gore and Jackson.

3. Jean X

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 9:47 am

Gore and Barber. I like Jackson, but I fully expect the Rams to be playing from behind against Seattle, which would limit Jackson’s rushing potential. Plus, Tampa’s D ain’t what it used to be, and I think Barber stands to have a good day (he started off hot last year).

4. chad k

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:06 am

Jackson for sure…its kinda a toss up with Gore and Barber….i think Gore will get more carries against alil bit worse Def. so Gore

5. anonymous

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:25 am

first of all, im sure this is a 2 man league or something lol

ok on to the tough stuff. i would stay away from frank gore because arizona will likely pull away early and force the niners to throw the ball

i would also stay away from slaton because the jets have a pretty solid defense. kris jenkins is a beast agains the run, and so is bart scott at linebacker. their secondary is ok but houston is a passing team with schaub johnson and daniels, so id go with barber and jackson.

dallas should be destroying tampa , so they will run it a lot to kill clock, and barber gets goal line carries. st louis and seattle, i think will both be improved offensively, but it will be a close game, and st louis loves to let jackson run people over. he will get the ball early and often.

both together should net you about 180 yards and 3 touchdowns

6. C.M.C.

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 10:58 am

jackson and gore

7. JoeyJoeJoe

Date: Aug 04, 2012 at 11:13 am

That’s a tough one. You might have tough decisions every week with those RB’s. I’ve got Jackson on my team and I think he’ll have a big week. Both rushing and receiving. Even if they get down, they’ll still throw to him. I like Slaton this year, just not this week. The Jets should slow him down and the Texans will be throwing.

So, it’s between Gore and Barber. I’d play Gore. They’re going to run the ball. That game should be high scoring and they’ll find a way to get it to Gore. Barber’s got a decent match-up but you still don’t know how they’ll use Felix Jones.