You never make a living betting against home dogs in the NFL and this week proved that. It’s very tempting to take road favorites due to low spreads, but the home dogs dominated this week going 5-1 straight up and against the spread. The Texans were the only road favorite to come out with a win and the cover.
Texans @ Jaguars +7 — Texans win 27-7
Vikings @ Colts +2.5 — Colts win 23-20
Saints @ Panthers +3 — Panthers win 35-27
Raiders @ Dolphins +2.5 — Dolphins win 35-13
Cowboys @ Seahawks +3 — Seahawks win 27-7
Redskins @ Rams +3 — Rams win 31-28
Add Browns +7.5 and Cardinals +13.5 to the mix and it was a hell of a week for Vegas.
We ended up going even for the day by hitting our Texans/Bengals teaser and Bucs (+7.5), but gave that back on Cowboys (-3) and Redskins (-3). I went with Steelers (-6) and Chargers (-6) in the pick ’em league, but passed on them. Those were the picks to make at 4:00.
More NFL & NCAA Picks:
- » 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Review – 12 Team PPR
- » Cordarrelle Patterson vs. Tavon Austin: 2014 Fantasy Football Comparsion
- » Football Season Is Coming…
- » Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears Pick Against the Spread
- » SMART BET College Football Picks for Saturday, October 5, 2013
- » NFL Week 4 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » SMART BET Week 4 College Picks
- » 2013 NFL Week 3 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » Week 3 – Waiver Wire – Philip Rivers, Eddie Royal, or Percy Harvin?
- » 2013 NFL Week 2 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread