SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Posted by in College Football Picks on November 2nd, 2010 | 11 Comments

Huge weekend this past week, 3.9 units of profit and easily cashed my second GOY with Maryland winning 62-14.  Several games this week starting with a home dog outright winner tonight.

Tuesday November 2: Middle Tennessee State vs Arkansas State (+2.5) for 1 unit. My numbers have ASt winning this one outright 28-24, so I will gladly take the points here at home.

OUTRIGHT WINNER ARKST 51 MDST 24

Saturday Plays:

Air Force at Army (+7) for 2 units: My prediction for the game Army 27 AF 22.  Strong situational play in favor of Army here. First, it has been well documented over the years that west coast teams really struggle playing 12est games.  This game is slated for 12est, 10am Mtn time.  AF is coming off a disappointing rivalry loss as last week they failed to win or cover against Utah. This week they are called to step up again for another huge rivarly game and Army is a very strong team that will be ready for this big challenge.  I give the defensive edge here to Army and that just adds to value here with Army. Both teams offensives will be about equal as they both have strong rushing attacks, but both defensives should be prepared.

Northwestern (+6.5) vs Penn State for 1 unit: My prediction PSU 23-21.  Northwestern brings a very balanced offensive attack that will challenge this PSU defense.  I still think PSU has a lot of questions and weaknesses on offensive side of the ball.  They had success last week, but that Michigan defense is one of the worst in the country.  Look for this game to be close throughout and may be decided on who controls the ball and doesn’t turn it over.

Colorado vs Kansas (+9) for 1 unit: My prediction Kansas 24-23.  Both teams have been pretty awful this year therefore I don’t see why either team would be laying this number.  Colorado is 1-3 SU and 1-3 ATS on the road and I don’t see how they dominate KU on the road. You just have to take the points here.

Hawaii (+22) vs Boise State for 1 unit My prediction Boise 35 Hawaii 27.  Hawaii’s offense continues to be one of the best in the country and should have some success throwing the ball deep against this Boise defense.  Last week LT really moved the ball verse Boise, but simply couldn’t take care of the ball.  If Hawaii doesn’t turn the ball over they will be able to point some serious points on the board. I do expect Boise to score, but Hawaii’s D has been much better than in the past few years, but the question is whether they will be up to the task on the blue field.  I think if you got this line early at 22, you have a great shot at covering this number.

TCU vs Utah (+5) for 1 unit My predicition Utah 27-24.  I will give TCU’s defense a ton of credit as they may be the best defense in the country.  However, don’t sell Utah’s defense short, they only give up 267 total yds and about 12pts per contest.  I think this game is close throughout with both teams primarily focused on the rushing. To this point, I do belive Utah is by far the best team TCU has seen this year and that D will really tests TCU’s ability to move the ball and score. Take the home dog here as I think you are getting great value as they should win this game outright.

Write-ups to follow, just wanted to get them out early as I have seen several line moves already. Comments or questions about other games are always welcome in the comment section.

11 Responses to SMART BET COLLEGE FOOTBALL:

1. mike

Date: Nov 03, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Awesome call on the game, had to bet the game live and get -1 but obviously still was worth it :)

What do you think of the rutgers game tonight?

2. Al

Date: Nov 03, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Do you like Wisconsin -20 over Purdue?

Date: Nov 03, 2010 at 5:36 pm

mike.. My numbers have USF winning 25-17. So I am pretty much in line with what most sports books are currently at USF -10 and o/u 43.5. I would lean towards the under and a little towards USF, but it is a no play for me.

Al.. I would take the points as I have this game 29-21, but Purdue is not a good football team and could easily see this one getting well out of hand especially if Purdue’s D doesn’t take a big step forward.

Thanks and Good Luck.

4. Bill

Date: Nov 03, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Brandon what do you think about the hawaii boise state game and tcu utah game I’m liking hawaii and tcu this weekend

5. Mark

Date: Nov 04, 2010 at 7:10 pm

What do you see coming out of the Bama game this weekend?

Date: Nov 05, 2010 at 2:34 am

BILL, I updated my write ups so please see answers to your questions above.

Mark, I have Bama winning 24-20, but I really like Bama here. Both teams are coming off a bye week and should be well prepared for this contest. Across the board Bama is a much better team and should take full advantage of an over-hyped LSU squad. Lay the points in my opinion.

7. mike

Date: Nov 06, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Can someone please tell me what the fuck happened in that kansas game. Half time it looked like it was an old fashioned beatdown and I check my account and to my suprise not only did I win the bet but they won the game?

Wow I feel sorry for anyone that bet colorado :)

8. TheMoose

Date: Nov 06, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Any lean towards the night games?

Date: Nov 07, 2010 at 8:47 am

Hope you took Stanford as that was an easy win at home. I was expecting a much closer game though.

10. tom

Date: Nov 07, 2010 at 10:13 am

1 in 5 EJECTED

Date: Nov 08, 2010 at 11:40 am

2-4 on the week, ya I sucked. That is what happens when you play dogs though sometimes. Whenever you are playing dogs you are trying to find teams that are either undervalued or have the ability to step up and play better than they normally have on the season. Hopefully you find the dogs that can step up, unfortunately I didn’t find them this week.

Tons of college football left so still a good opportunity to make some good money.