I got knocked out of my Survivor Pool last week thanks to the New York Giants. About 75% of my league picked the Giants and 71% of voters in our poll also liked the Giants. The Giants ended up losing at home to the Seahawks in embarrassing fashion and nobody saw it coming.
The Giants had an opportunity to win the game with a few seconds left on the clock. With the ball just yards away from the endzone, Eli threw a pass off the hands of his receiver and into the hands of the Seahawks who took it to the house to end the game. There goes the survivor pool season. My second pick would have been the Pittsburgh Steelers over the Tennessee Titans, but I was trying to save them for week 6 against the Jaguars.
If you were lucky enough to avoid the Giants, I would take the Pittsburgh Steelers at home in week 6 of your survivor pool. Don’t count on he Jaguars to score much on one of the NFL’s best defenses. I already used the Packers over the Broncos, but if you haven’t pulled the trigger on the Packers yet, you have another great opportunity to take them at home against the Rams.
Now assuming both the Steelers and the Packers have been picked, who do you go with? I would take the New York Jets at home on Monday night over the struggling Miami Dophlins or the Oakland Raiders at home over the Cleveland Browns. Since you may want to save the Jets for another week, especially since they are in a division game against an opponent coming of their bye week, I would say go with the Oakland Raiders. This is golden opportunity to save you top teams until other weeks.
More NFL & NCAA Picks:
- » ADP WR Sleepers of 2015
- » 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Review – 12 Team PPR
- » Cordarrelle Patterson vs. Tavon Austin: 2014 Fantasy Football Comparsion
- » Football Season Is Coming…
- » Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears Pick Against the Spread
- » SMART BET College Football Picks for Saturday, October 5, 2013
- » NFL Week 4 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » SMART BET Week 4 College Picks
- » 2013 NFL Week 3 Predictions and Picks Against the Spread
- » Week 3 – Waiver Wire – Philip Rivers, Eddie Royal, or Percy Harvin?